- Four ‘GCE O’ levels (min C6) or equivalent, or
- Three ‘O’ levels and 1 ‘A’ level, or
- Completion of the equivalent of Year 10, or
- Completion of appropriate Foundation/Certificate programme; or
- Mature Entry Route (MER) minimum age of 21
- Minimum English Language Entry Requirement : • English: ‘GCE O’ level English minimum D7, or • IELTS 5.0 or equivalent All international students for whom English is not their first language or who have not studied in an English language medium must provide evidence of their linguistic ability at IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.
- Develop professional skills required by the hospitality industry
- Understand the importance of customer service in the hospitality industry
- Understand key food hygiene and health and safety aspects of the industry
- Provide a platform for lifelong learning
- Students who wish to enter the hospitality industry
This programme is designed to provide the basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of the hospitality industry, while also being able to provide a practice-based environment which will allow students to develop the basic practical skills required by the industry. Students will be fully supported throughout the programme, with formative assessments proving feedback of their progress. Student performance and satisfaction is monitored to ensure that the course meets students’ academic and personal development needs; and industry contacts ensure that the programme is relevant and suitable for the demands of a career in hospitality management. The Diploma in Applied Hospitality Skills can also be used as a progression route for students who subsequently wish to further their educational qualifications.
- Front Desk Assistant
- Guest Service Officer
- Guest Relation Officer
Why Study with us?
- Industrial Attachment
- Highly-Experienced Lecturers
- Best Private School in Hospitality & Tourism
- Practical Lessons